[OSGeo-Conf] 2009 Voting Results

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Sun Feb 10 22:06:27 EST 2008

Cameron Shorter wrote:
> Jeff, Frank,
> Was FOSS4G 2009 mentioned at the OSGeo board meeting? What was the result?
>
> I'd like to start the process of looking for a Professional Conference
> Organiser (PCO) and in doing so I'd like to engage the suitable OSGeo
> conference representatives. Marie-Claire has sent me relevant paperwork
> to fill in.
>
> Is Jeff the right person to sign any legal documents on behalf of OSGeo?
> Eg: Contracts with the PCO?

Cameron,

Sorry - indeed the Australian conference bid was approved at the board
meeting.

Jeff could sign legal documents on behalf of OSGeo for conference related
stuff, but normally Tyler takes care of this sort of thing.

Ideally a budget would be presented to the board and approved before
substantial financial commitments are made on behalf of FOSS4G 2009
(such as signing venue contracts).  But I imagine it would be helpful
to get a PCO selected, and a contract signed before a more final
budget is finalized.

I would also like to see a "governance statement" adopted by the FOSS4G 2009
LOC.  Perhaps something roughly in line with:

   http://wiki.osgeo.org/index.php/FOSS4G_2007_Governance

If they are willing Paul Ramsey, Tyler Mitchell and Jeff McKenna would be
appropriate representatives on the LOC for OSGeo as a whole.  In particular
we like to have someone from the OSGeo Finance committee serving on the
LOC and providing some financial oversight on behalf of OSGeo.  For 2008
that is Paul, and hopefully he will be willing to serve in that role again.

Best regards,