[OSGeo-Conf] Format questions for 2009 conference

Paul Ramsey pramsey at refractions.net
Mon Jan 7 17:47:14 EST 2008

Being able to use a quality local caterer instead of being locked to
the Empress probably would have saved us 25-35% on the food bill (our
lunch at the code sprint at Harbor Towers on Friday cost us just over
half of what the Empress lunches cost us).  The Empress food was top
notch, and the service was great, but there was no getting around the
fact that it was premium priced.  Taken in isolation, the facilities
rental fees for VCC were actually quite reasonable, given what we got
in terms of number of rooms.