[OSGeo-Conf] Survey re: deciding factors

Steve Lime Steve.Lime at dnr.state.mn.us
Wed Jul 9 19:12:17 EDT 2008

Could also include the 1st MapServer User Meeting (St. Paul, 2003)
as it started off one of the other branches of meetings that eventually
came together. It was well attended from around the world...

Steve

Tyler Mitchell (OSGeo) ha scritto:
> A while back the idea of hosting a survey came up.  With Jeff's help I
> have put a survey online with the following variable/choices.  I can
> make this available to general public feedback if the group is
> interested.  Cameron - I believe you were showing interest in having
> results from such a survey for 2009 planning.
>
> What do you guys think?  Anything to change/add?
>
> Tyler
>
> =====
> Please check the events below that you have attended in the past or plan
> to attend in the future.
>
> Past Events:
>  FOSS4G 2007 - Canada
>  FOSSGIS 2007 - Germany
>  FOSS4G 2006 - Switzerland
>  FOSSGIS 2006 - Germany
>  OSG 2005 - USA
>  OSGIS 2004 - Canada
>  FOSS/GRASS 2004 - Thailand
>
> ----------
>
> Future Events:
>  FOSS4G 2008 - South Africa
>  FOSSGIS 2008 - Germany
>  FOSS4G 2009 - Australia
>  FOSSGIS 2009 - Germany
>  FOSS4G 2010 - Yet to be determined
>  FOSSGIS 2010 - Germany
>
> ----------
> Select the items that are most critical for whether or not you will
> attend an event:
>
> Deciding Factors: (required input)
>  Availability of workshops
>  Cost of event
>  Cost of workshops
>  Distance to event
>  Hosting country/travel requirements
>  Hosting location appeal
>  Program quality
>  Timing and schedule
>  Other... (leave comment below)

Dear Tyler,

I think you should add to the list

Open Source Free Software GIS International GRASS users conference 2002
Italy

For those who have been there since the beginning, the FOSS4G conference
in Thailand was the second event and was decided during the Italian 2002
conference thanks to the Venkatesh effort.
This could also give us the occasion to understand in a longer period if
some people who participated in the first conferences are still involved
in FOSS4G use/development.

All the best

--
Marco Ciolli