[OSGeo-Conf] "OSGeo Teach-in

Paul Ramsey pramsey at cleverelephant.ca
Fri Jun 6 19:05:29 EDT 2008

On Fri, Jun 6, 2008 at 3:16 PM, Cameron Shorter
<cameron.shorter at gmail.com> wrote:

> * The proposal is missing one of the key elements of the Open Source
> Business model. Ie, all material used for the "teach in" should be provided
> for free under an open license. Conference organisors can sell their
> services (as presenters).

You go first. I'm not giving away 4 hours of workshop materials for
$3K. I'm not a rock star, I hold no illusions that people are coming
to the workshop to see *me*. The Open Source business model is that
the *source* is open, and something else is not
(http://www.catb.org/~esr/writings/magic-cauldron/).

P.