[OSGeo-Conf] online promotion for FOSS4G2008?

jo at frot.org jo at frot.org
Thu May 8 15:00:59 EDT 2008

dear conference committee,

I haven't yet seen promotion for FOSS4G2008 in the "usual suspect"
places online - the freegis list, different SDI lists, blogosphere.
Is there some doubt over the platform or the look of the website?

Ditto, i don't recall seeing much promotion of the CFP.
It's going to be extended, right? So that would be a good chance to
send promotional email around interested user communities.

http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/FOSS4G2008_Communication says workshop and
paper CFP reminders were going out last week and this; forgive me for
poking my nose in if i've just been overlooking announcements.

cheers,

jo