[OSGeo-Conf] Posters and Bronze sponsorship

Daniel Ames amesdani at isu.edu
Fri May 9 11:04:21 EDT 2008

The bronze sponsorship is a great idea.  Good thinking! Can the posters be
placed in and around the break area? Posters in a separate room are usually
useless at a conference, but if they are in the main snacking/break area,
then they can be great for continuing of  conversations during the breaks...
- Dan

On Fri, May 9, 2008 at 8:17 AM, Gavin Fleming <GavinF at mintek.co.za> wrote:

>  POSTERS
>

> We haven't made posters an official track yet but we've established that
> there is space for poster boards at the CTICC so we can offer posters as a
> track
>

> We can install boards that will take 32 A0 landscape posters. This will
> come at a cost of R3500.
>

> Any objections to having a poster session or allocating this amount to it,
> please speak up by Monday as I plan to announce this on Tues.
>

> BRONZE sponsorship
>

> There's demand for a smaller sponsorship category. To this end I plan to
> include a new Bronze category in the Prospectus for the equivalent of
> USD1000 and announce it next week, offering sponsors
>
> - I1 full conference pass
>
> - Hot-linked logo on the conference website as bronze sponsor
>
> - Org. name + logo in the conference program as bronze sponsor
>
> - Logo in a slide with other bronze sponsors in opening plenary
>
> - Space for a small banner somewhere in the conference venue
>

> (thanks to Daniel Morisette for raising this and making these suggestions)
>

> Likewise please respond asap with any objections / suggestions.
>

> cheers
>

> Gavin Fleming MSc, Pr. GISc Technologist
>
> Senior GISc and Sustainable Development Researcher
>
> FOSS4G2008 conference chair: http://www.foss4g2008.org
>
> Mintek, 200 Malibongwe Drive (formerly Hans Strijdom Drive)
>
> P/Bag X3015, Randburg, 2125, South Africa
>
> w: +27-11-709-4668 c: +27-845965680 f: 0866164820
>
> xmpp: gavinjfleming at gmail.com
>
> skype: phlemingo
>
> 27.9782E 26.0896S

Daniel P. Ames, PhD, PE