[OSGeo-Conf] Re: [Foss4g2009] Setting schedule in stone for labs/workshops/tutorials for Foss4g2009 - please vote

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at gmail.com
Tue Oct 28 06:14:44 EDT 2008

Yes, Shoaib summarises our reasons.

In addition, we are likely to be holding the workshops in a computer
training centre ~ 20 minutes walk from the Conference centre, so a half
day of workshops followed by half day of presentations will not go well.
So either we have 2 days of workshops or 1.
I believe we need 3 days of presentations/tutorials because the
exhibition area is next to the presentations, not next to the workshops.
And we want delegates milling around the exhibitions.

I agree that labs with "bring your own computer" will be problematic and
we should discourage it, pushing tutorials instead.
However, we might want to let some advanced labs go ahead, targeted at
geeks only (who don't mind using a LiveDVD).