[OSGeo-Conf] Re: [Foss4g2009] Setting schedule in stone for labs/workshops/tutorials for Foss4g2009 - please vote

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at gmail.com
Wed Oct 29 16:09:24 EDT 2008

The key decisions the FOSS4G Organising Committee need to make now
relates to venue hire and how it effect the budget.

So here is my decision as the conference chair, based upon the
collective advise you have all given so far:

1. We will use an offsite training venue on the first day of the
conference (which will be paid for separately). It will likely contain 6
rooms, depending upon number of registrations.
The conference committee can later determine whether it is used for 2x 3
hour sessions. 3 x 2 hour sessions, 3 x 3 hour sessions, or something
else. These sessions can be workshops or labs, but the key thing is that
there will only be one day.

2. Computers will not be set up at the conference centre. Whether we use
a tutorial format, liveDVD format, or something else will be determined
later.

Denisa, Janelle,
Can Tour Hosts please factor the above into sourcing venues and
finishing the budget.