[OSGeo-Conf] Please give us some business case stories to sell FOSS4G

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at gmail.com
Thu Apr 2 06:11:33 EDT 2009

Arnold Wong, marketing director at Landgate, is very keen to bring
Landgate on board with FOSS4G and they are a potential major sponsor, as
well as offering Arnold as a resource to help sell FOSS4G for us (he has
many connections into Asia).

However, he points out that we need to improve our marketing message.
In particular, it needs to be obvious to sponsors that the sponsors
(like ESRI), will make big sales if they invest in the conference.

I'm looking for 3 or 4 examples of people from big spending programs who
attend FOSS4G conferences.

Geoff, Paul, Gavin, others,
Do you think you could provide one or 2 examples from previous conferences?

--
Cameron Shorter
Geospatial Systems Architect

Think Globally, Fix Locally