[OSGeo-Conf] 2011 Discussion

Paul Ramsey pramsey at opengeo.org
Mon Apr 20 11:36:30 EDT 2009

I am finding it hard to vote :) The thing about an annual
international conference, even one constrained to a EUR/NA/OTH
pattern, is that for people restricted in their travel approvals it is
effectively a tri-annual event. (I remember being put out when the
decision to put 2006 in Lausanne (and in fall rather than spring)
meant a 30 month delay between North American events. It's a good
thing I'm older and mellower now, or the 48 month gap between the 2007
event and the (as yet still not for sure in NA) 2011 event would drive
me over the edge.

Allow me to channel the channel: "So hold your own regional event!"
My response: "Be careful what you wish for."

I vote for [B], if OSGeo doesn't take on the regional events, someone
else will, and it won't be good for OSGeo or FOSS4G.

P.