[OSGeo-Conf] Number of delegates at past foss4g events

Markus Neteler neteler at osgeo.org
Thu Feb 5 03:40:41 EST 2009

On Wed, Feb 4, 2009 at 11:39 PM, Daniel Morissette
<dmorissette at mapgears.com> wrote:
> Cameron Shorter wrote:
>>
>> I've recorded feedback here:
>> http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/FOSS4G
>>
>> Was there an event in 2004?
>>

> 2004 was called OSGIS and took place in Ottawa, Canada. I've added it to the
> wiki page. I don't have the exact number but I think it was little over 200.
> I'm sure Jeff or others from the LOC of that year will have the exact
> number.

There was also the

Free and Open Source Software for Geoinformatics:
GIS-GRASS User Conference 2004, Bangkok, Thailand, Sept 12-14, 2004
http://gisws.media.osaka-cu.ac.jp/grass04/

That was the conference when the merge of the GRASS conferences with
the Mapserver conferences was suggested.

About 150 participants if I recall correctly. Added to the Wiki.

Markus