[OSGeo-Conf] Re: Conference Presentations

Paul Ramsey pramsey at cleverelephant.ca
Wed May 20 10:07:07 EDT 2009

Beyond the logistics of this (which I think Gavin has explained
nicely), there is a big benefit in having published proceedings for
our academic attendees, who need that bibliographical credit to get
things like funding to attend, and so on. Having an academic track and
publicizing it and making sure people know they'll get a
bibliographical credit in an ISBN publication is important for a chunk
of attendees.

P.