[OSGeo-Conf] Questions in preparing 2011 budget

Eric Wolf ebwolf at gmail.com
Wed Jul 14 13:30:59 EDT 2010

Thanks Paul!

Henry Rosales and I are working on the budget. We want to get some
preliminary estimates based on my attendance predictions from venues before
sharing what we are doing. I'm going to try to go back through my email and
address as many questions as possible as well.

That said, we are taking a "big rocks first" approach. There are a number of
items under $30K that could be worked on but at this point are insignificant
compared to the $100K+ numbers. I am also putting the squeeze on the
registration fee to get it under $400. That causes all the other big rocks
to shift. Compared to what we shared with the proposal, the catering budget
has been slashed and we are trying to pump up the workshop revenue.

-Eric

Eric B. Wolf                    New! 720-334-7734
USGS Geographer
Center of Excellence in GIScience
PhD Student
CU-Boulder - Geography