[OSGeo-Conf] Re: metrics

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at gmail.com
Wed Jun 16 17:17:48 EDT 2010

Looking positive so far.

Your marketing should now be focusing on the local market (Europe). The
local market has traditionally attracted more delegates as you get close
to the event.

With Europe's greater population density you have the potential to
attract a lot more than we attracted in Australia - and Paul noted in
his lessons learned that he should have spent more time targeting
locally as local people hadn't heard of the event.

See if you can get mailing lists of local organisations.
See if you can make use of local organising committees to identify key
markets.

Good luck.

(If you have a table of registrants, which includes date of registration
and country, I'll see if I can create a breakdown of registrants for you.)

On 16/06/10 21:49, Lorenzo Becchi wrote:
> I've updated the metrics with the data from Barcelona and added the
> graphic.
> I did a mistake, we have 401 so far but possibly some of the
> registrations still need to be added to the system.
> :)
>
> lorenzo
>

> On Wed, Jun 16, 2010 at 11:33 AM, Lorenzo Becchi
> <lorenzo at ominiverdi.com <mailto:lorenzo at ominiverdi.com>> wrote:
>
>     https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0Al9zh8DjmU_RdEZoOUtSeVZRVWtKQzV6R2N5ekdSdlE&hl=en_GB#gid=57
>     <https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0Al9zh8DjmU_RdEZoOUtSeVZRVWtKQzV6R2N5ekdSdlE&hl=en_GB#gid=57>
>
>     I've added the registrations data that Paul provided me to the
>     RegData sheet.
>     I've created a graphic too.
>
>     Early Bird ended, so far Barcelona has 380 subscribers. Victoria
>     did a better job with 429.
>     Still hope doing better for the final number :)
>     anyway these are good signs
>
>     Lorenzo

Cameron Shorter
Geospatial Director