[OSGeo-Conf] Booth for local chapters at FOSS4G 2010

Daniel Kastl daniel at georepublic.de
Mon Mar 8 20:20:41 EST 2010

I agree here with Paul,
Looking at the OSGeo booth in Sydney, there was usually enough room for
others.

What I'm little bit curious to hear is the mission of a local chapter to
promote itself a few thousand kilomters away from home ;-)
Is this a main consensus of the Japan local chapter? I actually haven't read
about this topic yet on the Japanese mailing list, or did I miss something?
I thought that the intent of local chapters is to promote Foos4g in their
own countries. So I can understand well for the Spanish chapter or nearby
countries.

Just some thoughts.
Daniel

2010/3/9 Paul Ramsey <pramsey at cleverelephant.ca>

> Or.... there could be one big OSGeo booth with room for all the
> chapters! I really don't understand the focus on having separate
> booths for chapters. Let's just get one double-wide booth for OSGeo
> and let Lorenzo flog the rest to paying customers.
>
> P.
>
> On Mon, Mar 8, 2010 at 3:40 PM, Venka <venka.osgeo at gmail.com> wrote:
> > On 2010/03/09 8:18, Tyler Mitchell (OSGeo) wrote:
> >> My opinion is that any local chapters who buy a booth are considered
> >> non-profit - I think makes sense.  Other local chapter attendees are
> >> welcome to help at the OSGeo booth :)
> >
> > It would be a good idea if all potential local chapter
> > booths are clustered around the main OSGeo booth so
> > that local chapter attendees could help out in the
> > main and chapter booths too. We can have a large
> > OSGeo area where OSGeo initiatives and local chapter
> > activities could presented as one seamless entity.
> >
> > Best
> >
> > Venka

Georepublic UG (haftungsbeschränkt)
Salzmannstraße 44,