[OSGeo-Conf] Two important programmatic questions/comments

Paul Ramsey pramsey at opengeo.org
Thu May 27 14:35:33 EDT 2010

On Thu, May 27, 2010 at 1:58 PM, Eric Wolf <ebwolf at gmail.com> wrote:
> Another option I'd like to explore is
> adding a poster presentation session. Especially for students, this provides
> a great avenue to show off project work (again, increasing attendance).

WRT to posters, yes, you absolutely must have posters, it does provide
a helpful valve for people who want to attend and need an "official"
hook into the conference to get approval, and whose presentations are
not accepted.

WRT an actual session, in 2007 we did a lunch hour when the poster
presenters were supposed to be standing with their posters to talk
about them. I've also seen poster presentation time included with
evening cocktail reception with some success.

P.