[OSGeo-Conf] Who decides the foss4g program (and other big decisions)?

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at gmail.com
Thu May 27 16:54:37 EDT 2010

foss4g committee,

At foss4g2009, there was talk that the international osgeo community
(led by the foss4g committee) should provide greater guidance on some of
the recurring themes of the conference, thus allowing to LOC to focus
more on local issues. I would have appreciated this greater guidance
when I was chair.

I still think that the LOC chair should have the final say on decisions,
we the foss4g committee should decide what our preferred position is on
items such as program, workshops, code sprints, priority items to
include in budgets, etc.

The first of these questions to come up is the program and workshops:
* I suggest that Jeff (as chair) or Eric (as foss4g chair) raise a
question for vote on these big ticket items, with Jeff making a call on
the recommendation, and Eric having final say as foss4g chair.
* These recommendations should be rolled into guidelines for future
conferences too.

--
Cameron Shorter
Geospatial Solutions Manager