[OSGeo-Conf] Code of Conduct at Events?

Eric Wolf ebwolf at gmail.com
Wed Nov 10 23:24:34 EST 2010

I started a thread related to this subject on a friend's blog:

http://www.flutterby.com/archives/comments/13625.html

Some activity has started, including a link to the IETF RFC 1384
Guidlines for Conduct:

http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc3184

Which appear to have been lifted by our friends at OGC as their
Principles of Conduct:

http://www.opengeospatial.org/ogc/policies/conduct

While neither of these explicitly mention sexual assault, they both
imply it a little in 2.1 of the RFC. Personally, it wouldn't hurt to
expand that section a little in the manner of the Code of Conduct from
the SPI.

Fortunately, we have time on our side. We don't have to make a
specific decision any time soon.

-Eric

Eric B. Wolf                           720-334-7734