[OSGeo-Conf] Attendee Profile

Paul Ramsey pramsey at cleverelephant.ca
Sat Sep 11 01:03:54 EDT 2010

I was talking with Lorenzo yesterday about our attendee survey.

- This year (and I think last year also) it was embedded in the
registration process, and that practice should continue.
Post-conference surveys are going to have very low response rates.
- The numbers for this year have some weird stuff in them which makes
them feel not so useful (30% of respondents said they were 'c-level
executives')
- There are some extra pieces of easy info we should be getting:
  - Have you been to FOSS4G before (to measure how well we are doing
pulling in new people, since education is such an important foss4g
goal)
  - Do you use open source geospatial software currently? (to see
whether people are coming for skills upgrading or basic introduction
of a what-is-this-stuff sort)

Any other questions?