[OSGeo-Conf] My Beijing and Prague questions

Karel Charvat charvat at ccss.cz
Sat Aug 27 11:16:19 EDT 2011

* A couple of quick questions, which may have already been addressed:

* 1. Running a conference is a lot of work, and it helps a lot if we can
* carry information gained from one conference year to the next.  Will you
* be able to support this as well by:

* 1a: Contributing to Lessons Learned wikis, as per:
*  http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/FOSS4G_2011_Lessons_Learned

Yes we are able to prepare such lessons learned. We have people, who will
analyse, what happened on the conference, what was useful, where we see
problem. I see this WIKI as very useful and we I don't see any difficulties
to prepare such lessons learned. I didn't see it before, but now I red it
and I recognise it as very useful. So shortly yes

1b. Ensuring that all material created, such as budgets, logos,
schedules and programs, software written, etc are made available under a
suitable Open License, such as Creative Commons.

I think, that we already mentioned in our offer, that is our interest to
making after conference all papers publicly available under free license. It
is our interest; because we are currently providing two learning portals and
such information will be very useful. Our idea is also to making video
recording of all presentation and publishes also this videorecording (both
is already part of offer). So and then we see Common Creative as natural. Of
cause it has to be agreed by presenters (because they are authors of
presentation), but I don't expect any problem in case of FOSS4G community.

2. Since 2009, the foss4g conference has paid for a DVD of OSGeo
software to be handed to all foss4g delegates, and also some USBs as
well. (as per http://live.osgeo.org). Will you be able to incorporate
this into your budget as well?

I think, that preparing electronic proceeding free for every participant is
directly mentioned in our part of financial offer. I don't see any problem
to publish it on both media. So yes we are able to do it.

Best regards
Karel

--
Cameron Shorter