[OSGeo-Conf] email lists for foss4g

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at gmail.com
Sat Jan 15 14:04:30 EST 2011

Hi all,
I'd like to recommend that consolidate the email lists used for foss4g
and conference organising.

In particular, I think there should only be one foss4g public email
list, not foss4g2009, foss4g2010, foss4g2011, ...
My reasoning is that the new foss4g event will benefit greatly by
inheriting the members of the previous email list, and I'll expect to
see greater cross pollination between years.

Looking at the foss4g2011 email list archive [1], I see that there are
hardly any emails sent to it yet, so I don't think there would be any
loss by migrating foss4g2011 over to foss4g at this point.

It might also be worth combining the conference email list and foss4g
list for similar reasons.

[1] http://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/foss4g2011/

--
Cameron Shorter