[OSGeo-Conf] Request for Hosting

Paolo Cavallini cavallini at faunalia.it
Fri Jul 8 10:09:02 EDT 2011

Dear All,

Following the Request for Proposals for Annual Conference in 2012 we, potential Local
Organizing Committees in Rome (Italy), hereby state and represent that it is our
intention to host, and hereby to confirm that we are ready, willing and able to offer
the following affordable facilities:

1. Who is your conference chair?
Mauro Salvemini,  professor at “La Sapienza” University of Rome and President of
AM/FM Italy

2. Who else is on your LOC?
Alessandro Furieri, president of GFOSS.it (OSGeo Local Chapter)
Renzo Carlucci, Editor and Publisher of Rivista GEOmedia
Simone Giannecchini, CEO of GEOsolutions and OSGEO member

3. What is your venue? (include access to Internet, room sizes, maximum attendees)
We propose a location in Rome capable to host such meeting with access to Internet,
room for 1000 attendees or more with maximum capability attendees of 1500 people;
more rooms are available (University of Rome - La Sapienza is the largest University
in Italy)

4. What is the price range and general location of your proposed accommodations? (hotels)
Accommodation in Rome Hotels, we can propose, can vary from 70 to 150 euro per night.
Also cheaper accommodations are available (B&B, camping within reach of underground
train).

5. Are you partnering with other local organizations?
- GFOSS.it
- AM/FM Italy
- support from Public Administrations is more than likely (they have always granted
it for GFOSS Days)

6. What makes FOSS4G in your proposed location compelling?
* GFOSS.it is probably the largest and oldest of OSGeo local chapters and is
constituted as an association with budget and possibility of issue and
collect payments.
* GFOSS.it and the GRASS and gvSIG communities organize and hosts regularly several
meetings each year since 2000, with hundreds of participants.
* GEOmedia is a paper magazine with online version at www.rivistageomedia.it,
publishing since 15 years, being at today the first Italian magazine on geomatics.
* Rome is well connected, with two international airports (one low cost, one
regular), an high speed train, and offers plenty of cultural and touristic opportunities.

On behalf of GFOSS.it
Paolo Cavallini
Past President