[OSGeo-Conf] FOSS4G2012: Next Steps

Karel Charvat charvat at ccss.cz
Mon Jul 11 16:53:43 EDT 2011

Dear Cameron,
I think, that from local community we are easy able to attract all people.
Free and Open Source software is used by more companies in our country and
there exist community of companies who are using FOSS solution and some of
them also actively contribute to the development. Academic community is very
active ad in principle already all Universities dealing with GIS or SDI are
in some way in connection with us. What is important, that also public
sector accept FOSS solution, our national INSPIRE portal is hundred percent
based on Open Sources (and Czech Environmental Agency CENIA is member of our
team). Also other public bodies like Forest Management Institute, some
regions are using FOSS solution. So we are sure, that, we are able to
attract communities in our country. Due the fact, that our group is active
in many European research project, but also in commercial activities in
other countries, we are sure to be able attract people from this countries
(Slovakia, Latvia, Poland). We are now running one international conference,
so we have already dedicated group of people, with experiences with this
area and we have also good imagination about necessary effort.
I am also sure, that we are able to attract sponsors from and country, but
also form other European countries.
Best regards
Karel