[OSGeo-Conf] My Prague questions

Jeff McKenna jmckenna at gatewaygeomatics.com
Wed Jul 13 12:34:52 EDT 2011

Hello Jachym and the Prague local committee,

Thanks very much for your letter of intent to host FOSS4G 2012.  I have
some questions about the points in your letter below (if some questions
have been answered in one of your previous responses please do mention
that is the case, no need to repeat them):

- your local committee seems to lack members from the private sector,
yet heavy on the academic and public sectors.  Am I wrong on this?  Or
was this chosen with a purpose in mind?

- can you please explain the link between the CCSS and OSGeo/FOSS4G?
Has this organization been active in the OSGeo/FOSS4G realm?

- CULS seems to be not an option to host an international conference,
because of its maximum capacity.  Have you begun discussions with Hotel
Praha & Congress Centre?  What is their availability like?  Are you
focusing on any specific dates/months yet?

- has your local committee had any thoughts on the theme for your event?
  (such as focusing on government/municipal support of FOSS4G, etc.)

Finally I have been to your beautiful city (in fact I traveled directly
to Prague after FOSS4G 2006) and I would dearly enjoy some more time on
the Charles Bridge.

Thanks,

-jeff