[OSGeo-Conf] 2012 Next Step: Full Proposal and Budget

=?GB2312?B?1cW1zw==?= linda.zhang at 3snews.net
Thu Jul 21 22:48:54 EDT 2011

Dear all,

We are very pleased to see the good News on the morning.  On behalf of
3Snews, Beijing, China, we are so appreciated to move on to the next stage.
We will do our best for preparing every link of the conference.

Chinese people are very friendly.  We hope to host friends from around the
world with our enthusiasm and activeness.

Best regards,

Linda

2011/7/21 Jeff McKenna <jmckenna at gatewaygeomatics.com>

> Background
> ----------
>
> Thank you to all of the 4 teams for submitting excellent letters of intent
> to host FOSS4G.  I can tell through private discussions that each OSGeo
> Conference Committee member took this decision very seriously.
>
> Stage 1 Results
> ---------------
>
> The teams/letters who received 2 or more votes from committee members are:
> Beijing, Hanoi, and Prague.  Unfortunately the team from Rome will not move
> onto the next stage.  I do hope that the Rome local committee does come back
> in a future bid, as there is clearly an extremely active local community
> there in Italy (I attended the WebMGS event in Como last August, so I know
> first-hand).
>
> Stage 2
> -------
>
> Beijing, Hanoi, and Prague local committees must now begin work on their
> full proposals and proposed budget.  The due dates listed in the RFP are for
> 2011-08-01, but that obviously is too soon for a full proposal.  So we will
> change that to one month from today, 2011-08-21.  (the idea is to make sure
> there is enough time to produce a full proposal and budget, yet at the same
> time give enough time for the winning team to plan to send someone to
> Denver, or at least produce an invitation video: a short 10 minute slot is
> scheduled in the Denver closing plenary for the winning team to present its
> invitation http://2011.foss4g.org/**program/session-schedule<http://2011.foss4g.org/program/session-schedule>
> )
>
> I have updated the RFP with these new dates (http://svn.osgeo.org/osgeo/**
> foss4g/rfp/2012/osgeo-**conference-2012-request-for-**proposal.pdf<http://svn.osgeo.org/osgeo/foss4g/rfp/2012/osgeo-conference-2012-request-for-proposal.pdf>
> ):
>
> Proposals & Budget (Stage 2) due:       2011-08-21 (23:00 UTC)
> Stage 2 question period:                2011-08-21 to 2011-08-26
> Final decision:                         2011-08-26
>

> Thank you everyone.
>
> --
> Jeff McKenna
> on behalf of the OSGeo Conference Committee

ÕÅµÏ / Linda
ÓªÏúÖÐÐÄ

Ì©²®´«Ã½ 3sNews Media

ÖйúµØÀíÐÅÏ¢²úÒµÍø  ¡¶3SÐÂÎÅÖÜ¿¯¡·
µç »°£º010-62101808-623
´« Õ棺010-62101505
ÊÖ »ú£º18610291992
Email£ºlinda.zhang at 3snews.net
MSN £ºawefwe_zd at yahoo.com.cn
Q  Q£º617413995
Íø Ö·£ºwww.3snews.net
µØ Ö·£º±±¾©Êк£µíÇøÖª´ºÂ·108ºÅºÀ¾°´óÏÃA×ù1808ÊÒ(100086)
=======´«µÝ3S¼ÛÖµ ·þÎñÈ«Çò»ªÈË=======