[OSGeo-Conf] Confirming Beijing 2012 Date

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at gmail.com
Thu Nov 10 14:27:36 EST 2011

Sorry, about lack of feedback, here are some comments from a previous
foss4g chair (I chaired foss4g 2009):

* I do like the general flow of colour and shape which to me looks
Chinese. This brings in a local flavour which is good.

* I can't see the original red ribbon which has been a theme with all
previous logos. I think it would be nice to keep the ribbon for links
back to foss4g, but I don't see it as being essential.

* There is a lot of white space above and below the "FOSS4G 2012.
Beijing". This is not good, as it will make the logo difficult to
include in other promotional places, such as on prominent people's
blogs, or on supporting organisation's websites. Can you please
rearrange in order to make the logo more compact.