[OSGeo-Conf] Motion Regarding FOSS4G-CEE Name

Paolo Corti pcorti at gmail.com
Thu Oct 6 17:37:17 EDT 2011

On Thu, Oct 6, 2011 at 7:57 PM, Frank Warmerdam <warmerdam at pobox.com> wrote:
> Motion: The OSGeo Conference Committee on behalf of OSGeo
> declares that it has no objection to the name FOSS4G-CEE being
> used for an open source geospatial conference in central and eastern
> europe organized by a group including Karel Charvat and Jachym
> Cepicky.

Hi
I know that I am very likely too late, neither I am sure if this has
already been discussed.
But, just to be safe: why are you going for CEE instead than EURO in
the name, if the conference aims to be at the European level?
Don't forget that CEE does not include countries like Switzerland,
Norway, ex-Jugoslavia ones, just to name a fews

ciao and sorry if this was already discussed ;)

Paolo Corti
Geospatial software developer
web: http://www.paolocorti.net
twitter: @capooti