[OSGeo-Conf] Motion Regarding FOSS4G-CEE Name

Dave McIlhagga dmcilhagga at dmsolutions.ca
Fri Oct 7 14:41:29 EDT 2011

+1 from me on this as well.

I was somewhat indifferent to this until I considered the reality that if there's enough demand for local open source geospatial conferences -- they will happen regardless of the brand that's attached. The opportunity to share the branding then brings these events (including the international event) closer. One side effect of this - with more local events comes more people interacting with OSGeo and the FOSS4G brand. That should broaden the pool of potential attendees for the International FOSS4G Event.

Dave