[OSGeo-Conf] 2012 Final Step: Voting

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Fri Sep 2 16:22:47 EDT 2011

On Fri, Sep 2, 2011 at 1:00 PM, Jeff McKenna
<jmckenna at gatewaygeomatics.com> wrote:
> Hi Dave,
>
> There was never a tie-breaking process outlined.  Here are 2 options:
>
> 1) remove myself as Chair from this next round vote and future votes
>
> 2) add Peter Batty into the committee and next round vote (he was going to
> be nominated/added after foss4g).  I will be talking to him shortly about
> this (but he has a lot on his plate).
>
> I'd like to keep this vote within this OSGeo Conference Committee.

Jeff,

At the risk of partially disenfranchising you, I would suggest we hold
a new vote promptly with you (as chair) refraining from voting unless
there is a tie in which case you are the tie breaker.

In a way it is cool that there is a tie.  We basically have two
fairly compelling options.  We just need to come to a conclusion
and move on.

Best regards,