[OSGeo-Conf] 2012 Final Step: Voting

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at gmail.com
Fri Sep 2 16:53:39 EDT 2011

On 03/09/11 06:25, Jeff McKenna wrote:
> On 11-09-02 5:22 PM, Frank Warmerdam wrote:
>>
>> Jeff,
>>
>> At the risk of partially disenfranchising you, I would suggest we hold
>> a new vote promptly with you (as chair) refraining from voting unless
>> there is a tie in which case you are the tie breaker.
>>
>> In a way it is cool that there is a tie.  We basically have two
>> fairly compelling options.  We just need to come to a conclusion
>> and move on.
>
> I'm definitely fine with this.  Makes sense to me.
>
> -jeff

The usual process I've seen outside of OSGeo where there is a hung vote
is the that chair is given the deciding vote. In essence, the chair is
given 1.5 votes.
My preference for resolving the tie breaker is:
1. Chair (Jeff) to cast the deciding vote
2. Ask the board to resolve
But I'm happy to quickly revote if required.

--
Cameron Shorter
Geospatial Director

Think Globally, Fix Locally