[OSGeo-Conf] Fwd: [OSGeo-UK] GISRUK sponsorship opportunities

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at gmail.com
Tue Sep 20 16:12:16 EDT 2011

Barry, Duncan,
Will you be making use of the OSGeo-Live DVD at the GISUK conference?
http://live.osgeo.org contains close to 50 of the best geospatial open
source applications pre-installed with sample data ready for people to
test applications.

As has been done at previous geosptial conferences, I'd encourage you to
hand out the DVD to every delegate (costs a couple of dollars to print
each DVD), and the DVD can also be used in workshops.

If you can commit to using the OSGeo-Live DVD, then we can time our next
5.5 release to be ready for the conference. The publicity of the
conference will also be a strong motivator for developers to spend extra
time tweaking applications and tutorials which in turn will be good for
the conference.

PS Anyone else on this list know of other upcoming geospatial
conferences that the geospatial team should be planning for?
I'd like to factor these into our OSGeoLive schedule here:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Al9zh8DjmU_RdE1SYUN3YWJ2N1NpSUczbW9IRWZNclE&hl=en_GB#gid=0