[OSGeo-Conf] UK bid to host FOSS4G in 2013

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at gmail.com
Mon Sep 26 16:32:04 EDT 2011

Jo and Korean chapter,

I think you are wise to announce your intentions early.
As there is currently discussion over the rotation of foss4g, it helps
to know which cities may be interested to host a conference in advance.
It also gives time to rally support both locally and internationally for
your proposed event.
Should we have sufficient early interest in hosting cities, I'd
encourage the conference committee to start pre-selection of foss4g 2013
within the next month.

On 26/09/2011 11:28 PM, Jo Cook wrote:
> Dear All,
>
> The UK local chapter, in conjunction with a number of "spatially
> inclined" organisations, hereby announce our intention to bid to host
> FOSS4G in 2013. Obviously we'll be following the official process
> for formally expressing our interest- this is just a heads up to make
> sure you're all aware of our intentions.
>
> All the very best
>
> Jo
>
> --
> *Jo Cook*
> Astun Technology Ltd, The Coach House, 17 West Street, Epsom, Surrey,
> KT18 7RL, UK
> t:+44 750 095 8167
> iShare - Data integration and publishing platform
> <http://www.isharemaps.com/>
> See the new Helpdesk and Customer portal
> <http://support.astuntechnology.com/home>
> Over 35% of the 4 star council websites use iShare - SOCITM Better
> Connected 2010
>
> See our customer commendations and awards
> <http://astuntechnology.com/customers/awards-and-commendations/>
>
> Company registration no. 5410695. Registered in England and Wales.
> Registered office: 120 Manor Green Road, Epsom, Surrey, KT19 8LN VAT
> no. 864201149.

Cameron Shorter
Geospatial Solutions Manager
Tel: +61 (0)2 8570 5050