[OSGeo-Conf] Intergeo Update

Karel Charvat charvat at ccss.cz
Tue Sep 27 06:54:00 EDT 2011

I think, that till now is big part of communities out of game. It is not only question of independent developers, but (mainly in Central and Eastern Europe) for developers on Universities. I think, that for example in Czech (except our group) is most developers on Universities and for them is difficult to find financing, mainly for PhD students. So this is also reason for local events. But there could be some danger, that local communities will meet only inside. It will be not good.
So my idea is to organise local meetings together with some session related to some concrete products. So it will give possibilities also meet people from our regions.
Other issue is, to think, how to organise low coast conferences. To find models, that fees will be really not high. So could be try to move meetings from hotels to Universities etc.
Karel