[OSGeo-Conf] Questions for FOSS4G 2013 teams

Jachym Cepicky jachym.cepicky at gmail.com
Wed Apr 4 16:46:03 EDT 2012

Hi,

On 4.4.2012 22:06, Cameron Shorter wrote:
> And following on in the same theme as Peter, what human capital are you
> expecting to draw upon? There is a huge amount of volunteer work
> required to bring a successful FOSS4G home. Committee participants with
> a string of big titles are useful for opening doors, but what also makes
> a huge impact are people who step up and do the hundreds of small tasks
> required to get things done. I was blessed to have a  handful of these
> people at FOSS4G 2009, some of whom where not in country. So what I'm
> looking for in answers are people who already have a track record of
> doing the hard slog work for similar successful events, or people with a
> track record of coordinating volunteers for other activities (such as an
> open source project). Names of "doers" that we'd recognise from osgeo
> email lists would certainly be helpful.

As Ari Jolma already mentioned: It is hard to give names without asking
(maybe this would go behind the scope of "LOI-phase"?) . Anyway:
organisation team consists of people from universities (Czech Technical
University and West Bohemian University, some of them are members of
development teams and followers of OSGeo mailing lists) so naturally
there will be the pool, we will be asking for volunteers at the first
place.

We have also people from public administration between us, who do have
experiences with conference organization, so they know and understand,
what needs to be done.

The orga team also consists of people from private business. The
directors are all aware, they are members of team and want, that the
conference is successful. I believe, they will add people, if needed,
for particular organization tasks.

We are aware (and experience with FOSS4G-CEE organization proves this
again), that for such event, several full-time jobs need to be
organized, and every hand is helpful.

Jachym