[OSGeo-Conf] Questions for FOSS4G 2013 teams

Karel Charvat charvat at ccss.cz
Wed Apr 4 16:49:40 EDT 2012

Hi, I would like add some information. About first question. There were one more person in Barcelona Premysl Vohnout. So I expect, that our team has a lot of experiences from FOSS4G/

About second question. We have team of person experienced with conference organising. We organised 1& years conference related to GIS in Agriculture, which was last year finalised by World Congress. So we know, that staff will have to put effort to organise such event. We mainly expect, that technical staff will contribute to program organisation. For administration and organisation we have also experienced persons. Due the fact, that it is for us not new to organise such events, we are sure, that we have capacity. Due the fact, that our team are mainly Open Source developers, we can also expect some enthusiasm.

About third point, we would like find good compromise between conference for developers and promoting of Open Source to large community. Acceptance of Open Sources by public servant is important for future development of FOSS.
Karel