[OSGeo-Conf] 2013 Letter of Intent Results

Paul Ramsey pramsey at opengeo.org
Mon Apr 16 18:07:35 EDT 2012

On Mon, Apr 16, 2012 at 8:17 PM, Dave McIlhagga
<dmcilhagga at dmsolutions.ca> wrote:
> Paul - was it really your intent to have all these folks resign? We're losing a wealth of experience here ...
>
> In the past - reminders have been sent out to follow-up with folks who haven't voted, and clearly some didn't realize the voting deadline had come up.
>
> Not sure if we can go back and change the voting process -- what's done is done -- but surely we can keep our committee together assuming everyone would prefer to stay on it?

Hey Dave,

I (really, I do) hope anyone who would prefer to stay on it will do
so. I hope they'll read the proposals and ask the proponents
questions, and vote too. And I hope that if they don't have much
enthusiasm for that, they'll resign and thus force us to think about
filling up the committee with folks who do have enthusiasm (or at
least a sense of dutiful resignation) for it. If the collective
experience of our committee is not engaged in the process, it's not
actually helping.

P.