[OSGeo-Conf] Analysing the downfall of FOSS4G 2011

Jeff McKenna jmckenna at gatewaygeomatics.com
Thu Aug 16 12:59:47 PDT 2012

Hi Paul,

It all comes down to the basic purpose of the FOSS4G event.  Is it a
revenue generator that in fact is the major source of revenue for OSGeo?
 Then for sure, I can see your points.  Is it to promote Open Source
geospatial around the world?  Then there is no doubt in my mind Charter
members should be involved in this decision.

-jeff