[OSGeo-Conf] Fwd: FOSS4G North America 2013

David William Bitner bitner at dbspatial.com
Tue Jul 31 14:34:54 PDT 2012

On Tue, Jul 31, 2012 at 3:54 PM, Paul Ramsey <pramsey at opengeo.org> wrote:

> You're not on the board yet :) stop worrying about these quotidian
> details...
> I'm pretty sure the budget information is on the wiki
> http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/OSGeo_Budget_2012
> However you'd have to get YTD info directly from the Treasurer (DanMo).
>
> I'd guesstimate the largest potential loss for the conference in the
> $20K-$30K range, depending on venue cost, the assumption being you
> sign contracts and pony up deposits, then cancel the event, thereby
> maximizing your expenses and zeroing out your revenue. It seems
> unlikely that OSGeo will rise or fall on that.

As is detailed in the original message, we have a maximum venue liability
of $75,000 at one month out from the conference date (our food minimum), 3
months out = $56,250, 6 months out = $37,500, 9 months out = $18,750. We
have no room block liabilities.  There, of course, will be other
expenditures along the way (see the budget attached in the original email),
but the venue costs are by far the most significant costs here.

David