[OSGeo-Conf] About funding of FOSS4G

Pekka Sarkola pekka at gispo.fi
Tue Mar 27 01:55:42 EDT 2012

Cameron and others,

Ok, I just need to answer to some specific questions and I don't want too
much "read-between-the-lines".

Profit/money and open source software? As far as I understood Paul Ramsey's
keynote in FOSS4G: there is no money in OSS ;-)  BTW, you can't make any
money in McDonald's here in Finland. All the positions are fulfilled by
ex-Nokia Symbian / Meego developers.

Rgs,

Pekka

---- Pekka Sarkola - pekka.sarkola at gispo.fi - www.gispo.fi ----