[OSGeo-Conf] FOSS4G "Themes"

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at gmail.com
Mon May 14 16:37:01 EDT 2012

Jo,
At the start of foss4g2009 planning, I remember wondering the same
question about setting a theme. We did pick a theme in the end, but I
can't remember what it was. Our main marketing push was Open Source
mixed with Open Standards, and Open Data. As you suggest, FOSS4G has a
very strong draw already, and probably doesn't require a theme as well.

On 14/05/12 22:40, Jo Cook wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> A question really to previous FOSS4G organisers- did you think about
> having a theme for the event, or did you just stick with the "Free and
> Open Source Software for Geospatial" tag-line and leave it at that? Do
> people think that conference themes are useful/beneficial? Do they
> help with coming up with clearly defined tracks for papers?
>
> Thanks
>
> Jo
>
> --
> *Jo Cook*
> Astun Technology Ltd, The Coach House, 17 West Street, Epsom, Surrey,
> KT18 7RL, UK
> t:+44 750 095 8167
> iShare - Data integration and publishing platform
> <http://www.isharemaps.com/>

> Company registration no. 5410695. Registered in England and Wales.
> Registered office: 120 Manor Green Road, Epsom, Surrey, KT19 8LN VAT
> no. 864201149.

Cameron Shorter
Geospatial Solutions Manager
Tel: +61 (0)2 8570 5050