[Foss4g2012] RE: [Board] RE: [OSGeo-Conf] FOSS4G Beijing - a regional event

bo.guo at gisticinc.com bo.guo at gisticinc.com
Fri May 25 15:12:24 PDT 2012

I do not understand what is accomplished by this motion.

I met and communicated with some key LOC members earlier this week in Beijing. They had the full intention to make the conference an international event. However, they acknowledged that they were not as experienced in organizing such event and they were particularly short on members who could reach out to the international communities.

I think our priority is to help make the event international, as opposed to marking the event un-international.

Bo
Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile