[Foss4g2012] [Board] RE: [OSGeo-Conf] FOSS4G Beijing - a regional event

Shin, Sanghee endofcap at gmail.com
Fri May 25 19:53:31 PDT 2012

Hi all,

I totally agree with Dave.

If OSGeo downgraded FOSS4G 2012 to regional event, this decision will lead to the eventual failure of FOSS4G 2012 and will impair the credibility of OSGeo seriously as well. AGM, Sol Katz award should be held there in Beijing and those event will also increase the attendance.

Finally, if OSGeo downgraded FOSS4G 2012 to regional event, the conference committee that selected Beijing as host city and the BOD that approved the selection should take the responsibility at the same time.

With regards,

Sanghee

2012. 5. 26., 오전 10:19, Dave McIlhagga 작성: