[OSGeo-Conf] FOSS4G-EUROPE

Jachym Cepicky jachym.cepicky at gmail.com
Mon May 28 05:18:51 PDT 2012

Jo (and others),

Dne 25.5.2012 10:25, Jo Cook napsal(a):
> Dear All,
>
> Great to see the feedback from FOSS4G-CEE, it sounded really good. One
> question- was the attendance capped at 120 or could you
> have accommodated more?

We were ready to accept up to 300 people on this particular venue.

> Thinking about future events (2013 and beyond)- firstly this is a heads up
> from the British contingent that wherever FOSS4G 2013 is, we wholly support
> a regional event in 2014. Secondly,  it would be great if the organisers of
> the 2013 regional event could liaise with the organising committee for
> FOSS4G 2013 to ensure that the global event is really well promoted within
> Europe.
>
> Thanks
>
> Jo

I agree.

One of the topics, which comes to my mind is the way, how global and
"big-local" events would coexist together? Does it make sense to
organise global FOSS4G every year then? What about making it every 2nd
(3rd) year? What about already existing "little-local" events (e.g.
FOSSGIS, Geoinformatics, ...)? There is really only limited time during
the year and limited number of people available for "conferencing". It
would be great to find the way, how all three levels of "FOSS4G & co."
would coexist together.

Jachym

--
Jachym Cepicky