[OSGeo-Conf] FOSS4G-EUROPE

Karel Charvat charvat at ccss.cz
Mon May 28 05:50:59 PDT 2012

Hi, I would like suggest model used in INFITA (what is World Association for
Informatics in Agriculture). There exist also regional federation for
America, Europe and Asia (and now is prepared for Africa). The regional
association are making their own events (differently in one or two years
cycle) and global event is rotating and prepared together with one regional.
Some such model could be eventually discussed for FOSS4G. I am sure, that
global event has sense, but it is important to give opportunities for people
who are not able to travel every year to other continent
Karel