[OSGeo-Conf] [OSGeo-Discuss] Invitation for Community Voting of presentations for FOSS4G 2013 Nottingham

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at gmail.com
Tue Apr 16 15:56:51 PDT 2013

foss4g2013 LOC,
Who knows how the Community Voting process works?
Could you please write down the process such that future FOSS4G events
don't have to re-invent the wheel.
In particular, it would be great to capture in this section of the
FOSS4G Cookbook:
http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/FOSS4G_Cookbook#Selection_and_Evaluation_of_the_Presentations

There may be other sections of the FOSS4G Cookbook appropriate ready to
populate as well.

On 16/04/2013 9:33 PM, Suchith Anand wrote:

> On behalf of the FOSS4G 2013 Team  , I would like to  invite you all
> for the Community Voting of presentations for FOSS4G 2013  Nottingham
> http://2013.foss4g.org/
>
> With the submission for presentations for FOSS4G 2013 now completed,
> it's time for the community to vote on which of them should be
> accepted for the programme.
>
> To vote, go to http://community-review.foss4g.org
>
> The voting system is the one which was used for FOSS4G 2011 and
> FOSS4G-NA, so you may already be familiar with it. It allows you to
> vote for as many presentations as you like, and presents the proposals
> in a random order -- i.e. you will see a different order from that
> seen by anyone else -- in order to eliminate any bias from the order
> in which the proposals appear.
>
> There are over 200 presentations submitted for FOSS4G 2013, so it is
> also a good opportunity to see the excellent range of work done by the
> community members worldwide.
>
> Community voting will end on 22nd April, ahead of the LOC meeting at
> Nottingham on 24th and 25th April which will decide the final shape of
> the programme.
>
> Please note that the Academic Track reviewing process (full papers
> submissions for Transactions in GIS etc.) is done separate from this.
>
> We look forward to your strong participation and support for *FOSS4G
> 2013 - Geo for All*.
>
> Best wishes,
>
> Suchith

Cameron Shorter