[OSGeo-Conf] result of the board vote

David Percy percyd at pdx.edu
Tue Aug 6 10:57:25 PDT 2013

I'd like to echo Darrel's thanks to everyone on the committee and the
board, and we'd like to reach out to everyone in the international
community, and especially our fellow tribes-folk in DC to help us make
FOSS4G2014 the  best one ever, after Nottingham :-)

Seriously, we will be counting on advice from previous LOCs, chairs,
etc. We are lucky to have so many experienced individuals to tap in
to.

We would feel privileged if anyone from the DC LOC would like to join
our LOC now or anytime in the future. You all had a lot of great
ideas, and some awesome contacts in the sponsorship arena. We could
certainly use your help with that!

We have a separate mailing list that we used for the proposal phase,
that we will now use for the details of our planning phase. It is
foss4gloc at pdxosgeo.org if you'd like to join. This will be for
nitty-gritty details so we don't flood the conferece-dev list with too
much noise. We will be posting there with big news and questions, of
course...

Thanks again, we are proud to be a local chapter of OSGeo, and
thrilled at your trust in us!
Cheers,
Percy