[OSGeo-Conf] missing 2011 from wiki (also FOSS4G archiving and cookbook suggestions)

Eli Adam eadam at co.lincoln.or.us
Tue Aug 6 14:48:21 PDT 2013

On Tue, Aug 6, 2013 at 12:15 PM, David Percy <percyd at pdx.edu> wrote:

> Hi, I was just doing a survey of previous year's logos and noticed
> that 2011 [1] is missing from this page:
> http://www.osgeo.org/conference/archives/foss4g
>
> [1] http://2011.foss4g.org/
>
> --

Looks like it needs to be fixed, perhaps it is a dns issue?

Also pasting in another thread here (also about archiving/infrastructure):

On Tue, Aug 6, 2013 at 2:13 PM, David Percy <percyd at pdx.edu> wrote:

> Of course, we'd be happy to use that one!
> :-)
> Thanks! Doesn't Frank set up new mailing lists?

A ticket is the best way, see details,
http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/SAC:Mailing_Lists#Requesting_a_new_list

> On Tue, Aug 6, 2013 at 1:57 PM, Cameron Shorter
> <cameron.shorter at gmail.com> wrote:
> > On 07/08/13 03:57, David Percy wrote:
> >>
> >> We have a separate mailing list that we used for the proposal phase,
> >> that we will now use for the details of our planning phase. It is
> >> foss4gloc at pdxosgeo.org  if you'd like to join. This will be for
> >> nitty-gritty details so we don't flood the conferece-dev list with too
> >> much noise. We will be posting there with big news and questions, of
> >> course...
> >
> > Hi David,
> > FOSS4G has traditionally set up an OSGeo email list on the OSGeo servers.
> > (Useful for archiving and keeping all emails in the same place for future
> > reference).

Should we add an archiving or infrastructure section to the cookbook,
http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/FOSS4G_Cookbook?  Here is a quick suggestion,
although this could have several subsections (credit card processing, name
tags, registration, email communication, non-email electronic
communication, non-electronic communication, etc)

= FOSS4G Infrastructure and archiving =

Background:
* FOSS4G requires the establishment of various infrastructure relevant to a
conference.  This includes a conference website, registration website,
community voting, credit card processing, LOC email list, archiving of
these systems for future reference, etc.
* There may be some opportunity to reuse some of these systems.
* There should be some way to archive these for reference.

; Relevance:
: International FOSS4G: Mandatory
: Regional FOSS4G: Optional?
: FOSS4G stream / Local Event: Optional?

== LOC email list ==

Much of the organizing and communication for the LOC happens via email.  It
is easy (and consistent with past practice) to use an OSGeo email list.
Archiving happens automatically.

; Relevance:
: International FOSS4G: Mandatory
: Regional FOSS4G: Recommended
: FOSS4G stream / Local Event: Optional/Not Relevant

; See Also:
:* Requesting an OSGeo email list:
http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/SAC:Mailing_Lists#Requesting_a_new_list

== Next subsection (i.e. website ) ==

== Next subsection (i.e. credit card processing ) ==

Eli