[OSGeo-Conf] Searching for Chair

Jeff McKenna jmckenna at gatewaygeomatics.com
Tue Dec 17 11:27:22 PST 2013

Hello Conference Committee members!

I'm writing this with my OSGeo President hat on.  We really need a chair
for the Conference Committee.  I would ask that we have a nomination
period, where community members can nominate an existing Conference
Committee member to become the chair.  The nomination period could last
until January 3rd.

First responsibility of the Chair would be to get the 2015 RFP process
moving.

I hope this starts a discussion etc.  If you feel strongly about a
difference process to find a chair please step up and outline it.

Thanks all,

-jeff