[OSGeo-Conf] Age of FOSS4G?

David Percy percyd at pdx.edu
Tue Dec 17 22:10:56 PST 2013

Ahh yes, this question really goes to whether we count the first mapserver
meetup in minneapolis as the first foss4g (meeting of the tribes), though
there's also Venka's first foss4g  (in which he coined the phrase) as
referenced on the page you sent...

On Tue, Dec 17, 2013 at 9:50 PM, Eli Adam <eadam at co.lincoln.or.us> wrote:

> The exact starting date of FOSS4G may not be entirely clear.  From
> reading this, http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/FOSS4G, I think that 2014
> might be the best approximation for the tenth year.
>
> What do people think?  More specifically do people think that it is
> appropriate to celebrate ten years of FOSS4G in PDX during 2014?
>

> Thanks, Eli

David Percy ("Percy")
-Geospatial Data Manager
-Web Map Wrangler