[OSGeo-Conf] Tax Implications of FOSS4G

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at gmail.com
Tue Jul 9 21:23:55 PDT 2013

On 10/07/2013 3:32 AM, Steve Swazee wrote:
> Given Denver generated approximately a $120,000 profit, I don't think it is
> at all unreasonable to believe 2014 will generate at least $150,000.  That's
> a tax bill of approximately $41,750.  You can buy a whole bunch of USB's,
> student admissions, OSGeo banners, code sprints, etc. for that kind of
> smack.  It's a $41,750 question that all boils down contract construction.
> The trick on that last point is making sure you crawl in bed with the right
> party.

Steve,
You have provided some excellent advice here. What I'm unclear on is
whether either of the FOSS4G 2014 proposals are offering tax exempt
status as you are suggesting?

Or alternatively, what is involved in putting your advice into practice?

--
Cameron Shorter
Software and Data Solutions Manager

Think Globally, Fix Locally
Geospatial & Data Solutions enhanced with Open Standards and Open Source
http://www.lisasoft.com